GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS
Just a little update from our neck of the woods:
We are waiting on a new internet bridge to arrive so that we can re-establish our internet connection. It has been a pretty long break this time. And it's interesting: instead of finding that our lives are suddenly so much more beautiful and placid because the horrid time-waster was gone, I have found that the internet is actually a very intricate and necessary and good part of our lives. (Interpretation: I'm going bonkers without it!)
What I miss the most:
What I do miss some, but not so much:
And I have been strangely pleased to find out that I'm just as busy in my little home - even without the internet! It is not a completely evil culprit, but a very valuable tool that I miss.
I have camped out at my in-laws this morning and have paid bills and accessed accounts and caught up for now! Now I return to my internet-free zone to do the rest of my day.
David just left for Aldersgate and then I leave Thursday for Idaho, so maybe
- balancing my checkbook
- paying bills/working with online accounts
- my online radio stations!!
- focus on the family broadcasts while I do dishes
- writing the occasional blog
- checking the weather (If we had been prepared for the huge wind storm this morning, we might have saved our whelping shed!)
- online airline check-in
- craigslist - for general time-wasting and very specific purchases
- looking up the exact recipe I need, when I need it, with specific ingredients
- answering emails and keeping in touch when I need to
after all the travels are o'er,
we'll be back online once more!
Until then, remember: Only 9 weeks 'till Christmas!